Have you ever had a creativity block? It’s frustrating, isn’t it? You sit there staring at a blank canvas/page, and no matter how hard you try, nothing seems to come out. It can be difficult to tap into your flow state and get in touch with your creative state of mind. Trust me, I’ve been there.
As an artist with a creative mind (most of the time), creative expression is essential to my mental health, so when I’m in a slump, it feels like the end of the world. Even if I’m just painting for fun and not for a job, I still need to be creative to feel like myself.
This is where creative affirmations come in! By repeating positive statements about ourselves, we can help to shift our thinking and open up the door to new possibilities and innovative ideas. We can use affirmations for anything, from attracting friendships to manifesting your dream job, but today we’re going to focus on affirmations for creativity.
How to use daily affirmations for creativity
If you’ve landed on this page, you probably know what affirmations are and how to use them. But just in case, here’s a quick refresher: an affirmation is a positive statement that you repeat to yourself, either out loud or in your head. The goal is to program your subconscious mind with positive thoughts so that you can manifest your desires. You can also write affirmations in your journal, on your phone, or even just a piece of paper you carry around with you.
For example, let’s say you want to attract more money into your life. A common affirmation for this would be, “I am a money magnet.” Every time you say this to yourself, you’re planting the seed in your mind that you are attracting money. The more you say it (ideally on a daily basis), the more your subconscious will believe it, and eventually, you will start to see evidence of it in your life. So, do they work? That’s for you to decide. But I will say that I use positive affirmations enough to believe in them.
I also wrote a whole post about how to get in touch with your creativity. You know, in case the hot showers aren’t doing it anymore.
Simple ways to boost creative thinking
Here are some simple ways to boost creative thinking and generate new ideas. These methods work great when combined with positive affirmations and can help you generate more creative ideas.
- Brainstorm with a group
One of the best ways to come up with new ideas is to brainstorm with a group of people. Brainstorming with others can help to stimulate new thoughts and perspectives that you may not have considered on your own. Additionally, hearing others’ ideas can help to spark new ideas of your own. If you’re having trouble coming up with ideas on your own, try brainstorming with a group of friends, family members, or colleagues. Of course, this method isn’t great if you’re working on a personal creative project.
- Take a walk
It sounds simple but it works. Taking a walk is a great way to reset and come up with new ideas. Walking can help to clear your mind and allow you to focus on the task at hand. Additionally, the fresh air and change of scenery can help to stimulate your mind and give you a new perspective. If you’re feeling stuck, try taking a brisk walk around your neighborhood or in a nearby park.
- Keep a journal
Keeping a journal is also a great way to generate new ideas. I love journaling and talk about it all the time! There are many different types of journals you can keep. Writing down your thoughts can help you to organize them and see them from a different perspective. Additionally, looking back at old journal entries can sometimes trigger new ideas related to the topics you wrote about in the past. If you’re struggling to come up with new ideas, try writing down whatever comes to mind in a journal or notebook. You can even create an art journal and just doodle or craft.
- Take a break
Sometimes the best way to come up with new ideas is to take a break from whatever it is you’re working on. This can be a weekend getaway or an extended vacation. It can also be just a few hours of stepping away. Stepping away from a problem for even just a few minutes can sometimes give you the distance you need to see it from a different perspective. Taking breaks also allows your mind to rest and recharge, which can improve your overall thinking power. If you’ve been working on something for awhile without any luck, try taking a short break and coming back to it later with fresh eyes. Or, take a much needed vacation and completely reset.
- Revisit your old work
Another great way to generate new ideas is to revisit your old work. Looking back at past projects can sometimes give you new insights into how to approach a current project. Additionally, seeing your old work from a different perspective can help you to identify areas that you may want to improve upon. If you’re feeling stuck, try looking back at some of your old work for inspiration.
By using positive affirmations in combination with these methods, you can program your mind for success and start to see evidence of it in your life. However, it’s important to remember that it takes time and practice to change your thinking patterns. Be patient with yourself! You don’t need to be a “successful artist” to use these creativity affirmations.
These affirmations can be used the way they are, or you can dress them up a bit to make them more personal!
Positive affirmations for creativity
- I am a creative person.
- I always see the potential in everything.
- I am open to new ideas and ways of thinking.
- My imagination is endless.
- I am not afraid to be different.
- I always find innovative solutions to problems.
- I take pride in my originality.
- I am not afraid to express my ideas.
- I have a natural talent for creativity.
- I always find beauty in the world around me.
- I am grateful for my creativity.
- I am grateful for my ability to see the potential in everything.
- I am grateful for my imagination and creative flow.
- I surround myself with creative people.
- I am grateful for my willingness to express my ideas.
- My creativity is a source of joy in my life.
- By being creative, I add value to the world.
- Creativity is one of my greatest gifts.
- I am grateful for my creative spirit.
- My creativity makes me who I am.
- I honor my creativity.
- I respect my creative process.
- I am patient with myself as I allow my creativity to unfold.
- I trust my creative instincts.
- I am confident in my abilities as a creative person.
- I know that there is no wrong way to be creative.
- I have an endless supply of creativity.
- I am willing to experiment with my creative work.
- I am not afraid of making mistakes.
- I know that mistakes are a part of the creative process.
- I am flexible in my thinking.
- I am adaptable to change.
- I am always learning and growing as a creative person.
- I have a growth mindset.
- I am constantly expanding my skills and knowledge.
- I am always finding new ways to express myself.
- I am not limited by my medium.
- I think outside the box and have natural creativity.
- I challenge myself to be creative in everything I do.
- I am constantly pushing myself to new levels.
- I encourage myself to take risks.
- I am brave enough to try new things.
- I know that failure is a part of the creative process.
- I am resilient in the face of setbacks.
- I pick myself up and keep going when things get tough.
- I am committed to my creative goals.
- I am disciplined in my practice.
- I am diligent in my pursuit of new skills and knowledge.
- I am constantly seeking out new opportunities to learn and grow.
- I am proactive in my creative journey.
- I take the initiative to seek out new challenges.
- I am always looking for ways to improve my skills.
- I strive for excellence in everything I do.
- I am never satisfied with mediocrity.
- I am always reaching for new heights on a regular basis.
- I have high standards for myself and my work.
- I am always aiming to be better than I was yesterday.
- I am persistent in my efforts and creative projects.
- I never give up on my dreams, even when I have a creative block.
- I keep going even when things are tough.
- I am focused on my goals and artistic talents.
- I am determined to achieve my creative potential.
- I am passionate about my work and my imaginative mind.
- I pour my heart and soul into everything I do.
- I am committed to making a difference with my creativity.
- I use my talents to make the world a better place.
- My creativity is a force for good in the world.
- I am making a positive impact with my work.
- I am using my creativity to make a difference.
- My work is having a positive impact on the world.
- I am making a meaningful contribution with my creativity.
- My work is valuable and important.
- I am making a difference in the world with my creativity.
- My work is making a positive impact on people’s lives.
- I am using my creativity to change the world for the better.
These positive affirmations for creativity can help you tap into your creative potential and make a difference in the world. By affirming your commitment to your creativity, you can stay focused on your goals and continue making a positive impact. Keep these affirmations handy as a reminder of your creative power, and keep moving forward on your journey to making a difference.