Affirmations are a powerful tool for creating positive change in our life. They can help shift your mind from negative thinking to positive thinking. The repetition of words and phrases helps you believe those words are true. When you have successfully changed your thinking to a more positive mindset, you can change the way you feel about yourself.
What are affirmations?
In general, an affirmation is a statement that something is true. Usually, an affirmation is given as a positive statement, rather than a negative one. For example, saying, “I am a good person” is an affirmation. It’s more positive than saying, “I am not a bad person.” Affirmations can help you believe something good about yourself.
Some people repeat affirmations to themselves as they go through their day. They say the words out loud, or repeat them silently. This repetition helps you believe what the affirmation is saying about yourself. Also, repeating affirmations to yourself can sometimes change how you think and feel about something or someone.
Why are affirmations useful?
Affirmations can help change how you think. They help you focus on how you want to feel about yourself and your life, rather than dwelling on how bad things seem. They are a great way to practice positive thinking and work on redirecting your mind away from negative thoughts. Negative thinking can become a habit. Positive thinking takes more effort and practice, but it’s worth it!
What kinds of affirmations are there?
There are many different kinds of affirmations. Most people use affirmations to help them feel confident and think positively about themselves. Other people use affirmations to help them feel better about their lives. For example, “My life is full of joy,” or “I am surrounded by loving people, places and things.” Some affirmations focus on specific areas of your life. For example, you might want to be more successful in your work, or get along better with your family.
We have lots of affirmations available! Check out some of these:
What’s the best way to use affirmations?
Two important parts to making affirmations work are focus and regularity. You want to think about the words, phrases or images that you have chosen. By repeating these words or images to yourself, you will create powerful feelings and beliefs. If you keep repeating affirmations several times a day for several weeks, you will really start to believe them and feel the way you want about yourself and your life.
There are a few ways to use affirmations. You can say the affirmations to yourself or write them down where you can see them. You may choose to write them in a journal or on your vision board. You can also listen to somebody reading the affirmations out loud. There are even apps that will read affirmations to you!
How long will it take for affirmations to work?
It takes time and regularity for affirmations to help you change your thinking. It can take anywhere from a few days to several months for affirmations to change how you think and feel. You just need to keep believing in the power of affirmations and keep using them!
How can I stop myself from ignoring or forgetting my affirmation?
One of the most important things you can do to make affirmations work is to choose words you feel good about and that excite you. You can say your affirmation aloud a few times to help you remember it. You can also place your affirmation where you will see it, such as on the bathroom mirror, on your bedroom wall, or in a place where you do a lot of work. These places will help you remember your affirmation and how it makes you feel.
Tips for making affirmations work for you:
- Make sure you repeat your affirmations regularly and often. It’s important to take the time every day to focus on them and really let them sink in.
- Make your affirmations specific and personal. The more detailed you are, the better. Focus on how you want to feel or act, not on what you don’t want to feel or act. For example, instead of saying “I will work hard,” you might say, “I work well and enjoy my job.”
- Make your affirmations positive. If you use negative words, such as “I will not fail,” you are focusing on the opposite of what you want. But if you say, “I am successful,” you will feel more confident and motivated to do things that help you succeed.
- Make your affirmations brief and to the point. You don’t need long sentences or complicated words for them to work. Keep them simple, clear and to the point.
- Make your affirmations believable. To believe something is to think it’s true or real. It’s best to recite affirmations you can believe are true. If you repeat an affirmation but don’t really think it’s possible, you won’t get the benefits that these words and phrases can provide.
83 Positive Affirmations For Family:
- I always make sure my family is happy and comfortable.
- My family is free to be themselves.
- We work together as a cohesive unit and stick by each other’s side through any obstacle we face.
- We enjoy spending quality time together.
- I will always be there for my family.
- We forgive each other in the blink of an eye and love unconditionally, regardless of our differences.
- We are in control of our own destiny in this life, not controlled by anyone or anything.
- Everything we want is possible with all that we have to give.
- My family is a unit and a team.
- Each day, my family gets stronger and becomes happier.
- My family is beautiful in all ways, inside and out.
- My family is safe, healthy, happy, and forever together.
- We are never alone, for we carry the strength of all the generations that came before us within our hearts.
- Everyone in my family works hard day after day for what they want to achieve.
- My family is made of strong warriors that can withstand anything in their path.
- We are a true family, and together we seek harmony among each other and in our lives.
- I am a happy person who spreads happiness to my family.
- Each day the love within my family grows deeper and deeper.
- My family’s divine light is ever present and growing stronger.
- Each day, my family becomes healthier, happier, and more successful.
- Change is the only constant in life, and each day, my family grows closer together.
- If there is ever a problem within our family, we work out our issues so no one feels threatened or picked on.
- My family works as equals to achieve what we want, both together and separately.
- Today my family becomes stronger than yesterday.
- I am the leader of my family, setting an example for them to follow.
- I am enough for my family, and they are enough for me.
- We all work together in perfect harmony to produce optimum results in everything we do.
- I am optimistic about the future of my family and our success as a whole.
- The more time I spend with my family, the closer we become as individuals.
- My family creates their own destiny without interference from anyone else.
- I accept everyone in my family for who they are unconditionally.
- My family is beautiful and deserves to be treated as such.
- I make sure my family knows how much they mean to me every day.
- My family works through their issues quickly without letting them fester or become an issue later.
- Each member of my family plays a vital role in the success of the whole.
- Every individual in my family is deserving of love, respect, and trust.
- I am always proud to be part of my family.
- We are the embodiment of positivity in our lives.
- My family knows how much I care about them and appreciates me for it.
- Everything I do today makes my family stronger tomorrow.
- The best is yet to come for my family.
- My family strives for greatness, always going above and beyond for each other and themselves.
- I am a strong leader within my family while allowing them to still fully contribute to our success.
- I believe in the power of working together as a team.
- My family is my rock, grounding me with their love and support.
- I am always available to my family whenever they need me.
- My strength comes from within my family.
- We are strong individuals who form a powerful team under one unifying goal of success.
- Today, I make the best possible decisions for my family’s future.
- My family is a true team that has each other’s backs always.
- I will be as strong as I need to be today for the sake of my family.
- We are one; the best way to show our love for each other is to work together as equals.
- My family loves unconditionally, and unconditionally I love them back.
- My family is my greatest strength.
- I will always be there for my family, no matter what the circumstances are.
- My family knows how important they are to me.
- Today my family becomes better than it was yesterday in every way possible.
- The more we come together as a unit, the stronger we become as individuals.
- Every member of my family dreams big and drives themselves hard so they can achieve those dreams.
- Together, we strengthen one another to reach our fullest potential as a team and as an individual unit.
- All of us have different strengths that work together to create a powerful whole that is greater than any individual part could ever be on its own.
- We all have our strengths and weaknesses, but that only makes us better as a whole.
- Today I live my life for my family.
- My family will always be there for me when I need them most.
- My family is full of laughter and love.
- I open up myself to all the blessings waiting for me because I know they are abundant with my family.
- Our differences strengthen our bond together as one unit so we can accomplish anything we set out to do.
- We celebrate each other’s successes unconditionally, with no sense of petty jealousy or envy within our ranks.
- The more time I spend with my family, the happier and more successful I become.
- I am committed to my family’s overall well-being and success.
- I am the best version of myself when I am around my family.
- My family is a safe haven of unconditional love and support.
- I am ready to take on the world with my family by my side today.
- My family is the reason I have the courage to go out and take risks.
- I trust my instincts because I know they come from within my family.
- I am my family’s leader, but I also appreciate the input of everyone around me because it makes our team even stronger.
- We are one because we are all truly powerful forces of nature on our own, but together we are invincible.
- Having my family means I always have someone who believes in me, no matter what.
- I am stronger with my family than I could ever be on my own, and today I celebrate that strength.
- My family is my support system that brings me back to center when I am off balance.
- I believe in myself because my family believes in me too.
- I find strength within myself by drawing upon my family’s strength.
- I am more than just a man or woman, I am a family.
Hopefully, you found these affirmations inspiring. Remember, you can always change up the wording to fit your family’s needs. You may also adapt this list for use with friends, children, or even pets! Anyone in your life that you are grateful for can be part of this personal affirmation collection.
You can even write your own affirmations to be more specific and unique to your family! Leave a comment below if there are any additional affirmations you would like to add.