Have you ever met a person who had an amazing energy? Their laugh is contagious, their smile lights up the room, and they’re really pleasant to be around. These individuals have a high vibrational energy. They radiate kindness and warmth. They make you feel good, and they inspire you to be your best self. On the flip side, you may also know some people that radiate negative energy. We won’t spend much time discussing toxic personalities. After all, our goal is to raise our vibrational energy!
What does it mean to raise your vibration?
In case you’re unfamiliar with human vibration, here is a simplified explanation to help clarify the concept. Everything in life is energy, and energy is in a constant state of motion – vibrations (waves and frequencies). From the chair you’re sitting on, to the music you listen to in the car, to our own human bodies, everything has its own vibration. Low vibrations are associated with negativity (anger, shame, hate), whereas high vibrations are associated with positivity (love, peace, compassion). So, when we raise our vibration we are becoming more self-aware and increasing our positivity.
How to Raise Your Vibration (15 Simple Ways)
So, how can we raise our vibrational energy? Here are some simple ways you can encourage positivity, elevate your mood, and welcome those good vibes into your life!
1. Practice gratitude
One of the easiest ways to raise your vibrational energy is by practicing gratitude. What are you thankful for? What do you appreciate in this present moment? Close your eyes, take three breaths, and take a few moments to reflect. One excellent way of practicing gratitude is by keeping a journal. At the end of each day, reflect and write about all the people, experiences, places, foods, and emotions you are thankful for. You can even share your journal entries with a loved one.
2. Practice meditation
Meditation can be a tough habit to form. However, once you start, you’ll never want to go a day without it. Start with 5 minutes a day and gradually increase the time you spend meditating. The practice of meditation is more than just closing your eyes and falling asleep. If you’re a beginner, I recommend starting with a free guided meditation. There are hundreds available on YouTube and Spotify. There are also wonderful meditation apps available to help you get started.
3. Get in touch with nature
Nature is nothing short of magical and inspirational. Take a walk outside and feel the warm sunlight. Hike through the woods and smell the trees, or spend some time admiring the night sky. Spending time in nature will encourage relaxation, clear your mind, and soothe your soul. Have you ever felt the grass under your bare feet or felt the warm sand fall through your hands? It is a wonderful way to ground yourself and raise your energy.
4. Find a way to laugh
There is an old saying – laughter is the best medicine. When we laugh, we feel good. The best way to experience the positive effects of laughter is by sharing the experience with loved ones. Connect with your inner child with laughter and play.
5. Move your body
Exercise is a great way to raise your vibrations. Dancing, jogging, swimming, or practicing yoga are a few options. Moving around in nature is even better. Jump around and swim in the ocean, or stretch your muscles on top of a hill as the breeze blows by. The fresh sounds of nature will invigorate your entire being.
6. Clean your space
A clean space that is free of clutter is an instant mood-booster. The act of cleaning can also be very therapeutic and relaxing as you are focusing on the task at hand. After clearing your space, promote a peaceful environment with essential oils, candles, and natural lighting.
7. Practice generosity and kindness
Generosity and acts of kindness are a simple way we can spread love and positivity. No act of kindness is ever too small. If you witness someone being kind, or if you are a recipient of such an act, be sure to thank the other person and express gratitude. This creates a “feel-good circle of positivity”. Volunteering with a local charity, helping a loved one with a simple favor, or giving a thoughtful gift are some simple ways we can practice kindness. Do not have expectations of receiving anything in return.
8. Listen to uplifting music
Listening to cheerful, uplifting music is an instant way to raise your vibration. While you’re at it, try moving your body and dancing to the beat. You can also listen to different sound frequencies, nature sounds, or meditation music.
9. Unplug for awhile
Technology, screens, and social media can consume us at an alarming rate. Not everything we are exposed to in the media is beneficial for our energy. In fact, there is an abundance of negativity floating around that can affect us. Sometimes, it is important to unplug and disconnect after spending so much time staring at screens. Take a weekend day to shut off your cellphone and escape to nature. Bring some books, board games, and healthy snacks along on your journey. You’ll notice the way time passes differently.
10. Write in a journal
Release your worries and organize your thoughts on paper by writing in a journal. If the spirit moves you, you can doodle or use colorful pens to express yourself. There is no “right” or “wrong” way to journal. That is the beauty of it! If you’re stuck and feel you have writer’s block, you can visit some of these journal prompts for beginners. We also have lots of printable journal prompts available to help inspire you.
11. Get creative (paint, color, draw)
Everyone has an artist inside of them. Watercolor paints are a great way to unwind and release anxiety. Drawing, doodling, or coloring in a coloring book can help us release negativity. Coloring definitely isn’t only for children! There are lots of adult coloring books on the market today. (They also make a great gift item). If you are more hands on, try being creative with clay or pottery.
12. Notice the beauty around you
There is beauty all around us, just waiting to be admired. Have you ever noticed how lovely a dancing flame can appear? Or, the perfect shade of gold that cascades through your room at sunset. Take a few moments, wherever you are, to notice the beauty surrounding you. It is everywhere!
13. Eat high-vibration foods and stay hydrated
A balanced diet full of high-nutrient foods promotes wellness. Remember to practice gratitude while you eat and enjoy your food with intention. Avoid processed and artificial foods when you can. When choosing foods to raise your vibration, think of colorful foods that are fresh, healthy, and organic if possible. Remember to stay hydrated with clean water throughout the day. You can even carry your water in a beautiful gem water bottle.
High vibration foods
- Fresh, organic leafy greens (spinach, kale, chard)
- Warm soups made with healthy ingredients
- Fresh spices and herbs (ginger, cinnamon, turmeric, cilantro, etc.)
- Organic fruits (apples, berries, melon, pears, etc.)
- Fermented foods (Kombucha, kimchi and sauerkraut)
- Teas (green teas, matcha, white tea, herbal teas)
- Raw honey and maple syrup for sweetener
- Nuts and seeds
14. Surround yourself with positivity
The environment we spend our time in affects our vibrational energy. Surround yourself with inspiring books, crystals, houseplants, beautiful artwork, and comforting objects. Choose objects carefully, as we do not want to accumulate more than we need.
All you need is love. Love yourself, your partner, where you are, and everyone around you. Turn your anger, hatred, and negativity into feelings of love and share them with everyone you encounter. Write words of love on your water bottle, on your napkin, in your journal, and everywhere you can. Tell yourself positive affirmations of love in the mirror every morning. Tell people you love them every chance you get. Learning to love will raise your vibration, and in turn, you will receive love back.
Signs of high vibration
- Mood. One simple indicator of our vibration is our current mood. High-vibration moods include joy, happiness and peace. Low vibration moods include anger, rage, and sadness. Paying close attention to our mood can help us tune into our vibration.
- Connection. When your vibration is high, you may feel connected to everyone and everything in the universe, including yourself. Feeling “at one” with nature and the people around us is an amazing, high-vibrational feeling.
- Clarity. A clean and clear mind often comes when our vibrations are high. Decision making becomes easier and less stressful, as we are in more in tune with our values and what we truly need.
- Lightness. You may feel “lighter” as if a weight is lifted off of your body. When you lay down to sleep or rest, you may feel “floaty”.
- Joy. You feel joyful and happy. Laughter comes easily, sometimes for no reason. This is especially noticeable when shared with another person.
- Tingles. Many people experience tingles or the sensation of “hair raising off their skin” as their vibration raises.
- Feelings of love and light. The feeling that a warm light full of love is flooding your soul. You may notice colors around you more vividly and feel at peace with yourself.
How to raise your vibration when depressed
Sometimes we feel low and notice our vibrations are not as high as they should be. The first thing to remember is that this is okay. We can accept that our low vibrational state is temporary and will pass. Imagine this state as an “intruder”. When we fall ill with a cold, we may find ourselves unable to perform our daily activities. We take care of our body and eventually heal. The same holds true when our vibrations are low. Accept that you are in control and choose positive habits that will raise your vibration.
High vibration words
Surrounding yourself with positivity will help aid in raising your vibration. One way to do this is by using words. Language is beautiful and has an effect on our emotions. How do you feel when you hear the word “soft” compared to the word “rough”? You can write these words on your coffee cup, include them in your journal, or even write them down and give them to a loved one. Practice incorporating these words in your vocabulary more regularly.
Examples of high vibration words: Love, cheer, happiness, faith, abundance, hope, joy, peace, calm, soft, dream, gratitude, light, beauty, inspire, comfort, lucky, blessed, grateful, appreciate
Crystals to help raise your vibration
Many people use crystals as a tool to help raise their vibration. They’re found all over the world and have been used for centuries by different cultures. Here are some of the most popular crystals used to raise your vibration.
- Amethyst: Amethyst is great for promoting mindfulness, helping with concentration, and also enhancing intuition. When used in meditation, it also helps people to let go of the past while envisioning the future.
- Turquoise: While turquoise is great for the throat chakra, it has properties that can help you to communicate better with others and also protects against any negative energy coming your way.
- Citrine: Citrine is great for meditation as it has a very high vibration. It’s also a powerful healer and rejuvenator.
- Rose Quartz: Rose quartz is great for anything to do with love or self-love. When used in meditation, it’s excellent at helping you to get in touch with your intuition. If you use a rose quartz for this purpose, be sure to keep it near you when you sleep at night. It’ll help you to connect with your higher self and will also cleanse any negative energy you might have.
- Pyrite: Pyrite is believed to be a powerful protection stone. It’s also said to help people see the best outcome that can happen for any given situation.
- Apatite: Apatite is a good stone for communication and also helps promote positive behavior. It’s great for depression if carried on your person.
- Lepidolite: Lepidolite is a stone said to bring peace and calm to its wearer. It’s also believed to have a strong connection to emotions.
- Smoky Quartz: Smoky quartz is another powerful protection stone that can deflect negativity coming from other people.
- Sodalite: Sodalite is a great stone for socializing with others and also enhances creativity.
When you’re looking for crystals to help raise your vibration, be sure to use your intuition when choosing one. If you come across a stone and it feels right for you, then it probably is. You can also combine two or more crystals and use them together in the same way. Keep your stones in a safe place and carry them with you if necessary. The whole point of using crystals is to bring energy into your life, so be sure to keep yours close at hand.
How to raise your vibration quickly (a short exercise)
Sometimes you might find that your vibration and energy is low and you need to raise it as soon as possible. If this happens, there are a few ways of doing this.
- Find a comfortable space free of distractions. Make sure all technology is shut off or silenced.
- Think of three things you are grateful for in your current life. Concentrate and reflect on these three things for at least a minute or two.
- Meditate. Meditation is the best way of raising your vibration because it clears out any negative energy that might be lingering in your body. Sit in a comfortable position, close your eyes, and focus on your breath flowing in and out of the body. Keep yourself in this peaceful place for ten minutes and you’ll see a huge change in your energy levels when you come back to the reality of the world outside.
If possible, find a chakra cleansing meditation. When your energy is low, your chakras may be out of balance too. To fix this, try meditating and focusing on each chakra in turn. If they’re blocked, breathe energy into the center of them using your mind and see if you can feel them begin to open up.
There are many free chakra meditations available. Here are a few:
– 10 minute chakra meditation
– 10 minute chakra meditation (daily recharge)
- At the end of your meditation, think of three things you love about yourself. Tell yourself that you love yourself and concentrate on these three things for at least a minute or two.
Hopefully, this post will serve as a useful guide to help you raise your vibrational energy. Whether you are new and just getting started, or experienced in the matter, perhaps some of these ideas inspired you. What are some of your favorite ways to raise your energy?